Following the Covid 19 Pandemic, we have reduced the Tutor / Student Ratio to 1:6 in our studios.
"Our studios are custom built using traditional cabinet making techniques and workshop design practice. We use the finest high specification tools, materials and equipment and prioritise our student's and tutor's creative and professional environment. Each student is provided with their own customised workbench, specialist hand tools, micro motor and personal precision instruments. We also now offer a tool room where we house our larger tools, ie Enamelling Kilns, Polishing Motor, Sandblaster, Ultrasonic, Pin Polisher, Rhodium Plating Machine to name a few. Our tutors are all active in the Jewellery Industry and we have combined trade experience of approximately 195 years (amongst our 7 tutors) We have built a reputation for excellence without cutting any corners in our training of potentially 'lost skills'. " Deirdre O'Donnell - The School of Jewellery Ireland ©2019
One Day Course (10am - 5.30pm): Maximum 6 Students.
Prices are just €165 per person including base metal materials - Silver is available to purchase - details below.
Our expert goldsmiths will teach you how to create jewellery using traditional goldsmith skills in a relaxed environment.
There are limited places on each of these courses to ensure we deliver personalised support and assistance to each participant - so book early to avoid disappointment!
Our classes are a mix of students of all abilities, including beginners.
- This is a great introductory course for anyone new to The School, you will be introduced to a basic Goldsmith Skills by completing one Jewellery project.
- Choose from an array of designs to make your piece of jewellery- including pendant, ring, cufflink, bangle and earring designs.
- If you would like to make your piece in Silver- please select the "Add Silver €30" option when booking. Your purchase of €30 silver will cover silver for a pendant with chain, most ring sizes with a box, a bangle, or earrings or cufflinks with fittings. Brass is included.
- PLEASE NOTE: The sample designs have been carefully selected by our team of goldsmiths as acheivable designs that can be made on a one day course as a beginner. Only these designs or similar versions may be selected to make. It is at the discretion of your tutor to agree any design that is not offered as appropriate for a beginner. The Silver available on the day is prepared for our selected sample designs only.
- There are allocated Tea Breaks and a lunch break which must be taken through out the day.
Students with more experience:
- This course is a fantastic way for any of our current or past students to hone their skills, or gain some extra studio time.
- Our tutors are also happy to offer assistance with individual projects or ideas, or work on more advanced skills such as soldering or wax carving.
- If you have completed some classes already, your tutor will move on to new and more advanced projects with every course you take.
- The way in which classes are taught at The School means that with every course taken, students can move onto a new project or skill and projects are not repeated.