Full Time Courses » One Year - Full Time - Certificate in Traditional Jewellery and Goldsmith Skills Course » One Year -Full Time - Certificate in Traditional Jewellery and Goldsmith Skills Course
Designed to offer graduates all of the practical jewellery and goldsmith skills needed to develop a full-time career in the jewellery trade.
The course covers a wide range of goldsmith and jewellery design skills over a nine month programme running from September to June each year and expands a traditional jewellery apprenticeship to incorporate additional elements required to establish a career in the jewellery industry. As an alternative option to a CAO Application, this certificate course offers a wealth of potential with real career prospects after just one year.
Outline Course Syllabus
Training is provided by professional tutors who have extensive experience in the jewellery industry and in business both in Ireland and abroad.
The Jewellery skills covered in the full-time course include but are not limited to:
- Traditional Jewellery & Goldsmith Skills
- Jewellery Design.
- Stone setting
- Workshop Management
- Marketing & Business Skills
- Project Work & Assignments
- Graduation Exhibition.
The Full-time Traditional Jewellery & Goldsmith Skills Course is highly recommended by the Design & Crafts Council of Ireland.
Graduates of The School of Jewellery Ireland are highly sought after and qualified students may develop successful careers in the jewellery trade. The School of Jewellery Ireland offers career guidance advice, marketing and business skills specific to each student’s requirements.
During the course of this One Year Full-time Certificate Course, you will be tasked with the development of a significant course work project - this business project will involve every aspect of business development combined with jewellery making. You will be tasked with establishing a business model for a specific piece or range of pieces including designing, crafting and modelling a piece or range of jewellery, costing structures, pricing models (wholesale and retail models), marketing, promoting and selling your pieces.
- Full time September – June inclusive
- Five days per week.
- Combination of tutoring, classwork and bench practice.
- Course fees of €11,900 per annum will be applicable and all silver course materials, marketing, setting, engraving, stones and consumable equipment are supplied by The School of Jewellery Ireland. The graduates collections are self-funded.
- Applicants must be 16 years or over.
- Applicants must have a high level of fluency in the English language.
- We welcome all levels of experience including beginners, and are all inclusive. However, if you are not already a part-time student at The School of Jewellery Ireland, we will need to test your aptitude and there will be a simple bench test for short-listed applicants.
- The School of Jewellery Ireland Terms & Conditions apply.
Download the course syllabus and Application form SEPTEMBER 2020 HERE
SEPTEMBER 2020 - BOOKING NOW.
See our proud selection of some past Certificate Graduates work here......